Monday, May 28, 2012

AMAZING ULTRASOUND OF AH BEE - WK 5


I guess the next thing I need to do after a positive pregnancy test should be a consultation?!

Hubby & I used to consult Dr. Lim Lei Jun from Columbia Asia Cheras.  We find her a very detailed and professional, despite her cool and stern appearance, we can say that she is serious all the times (:pp).  Got to know that she has resigned and moved on to Taman Desa Medical Centre.  We struggled for a while whether to stay with Columbia Asia with another gynecologist or follow Dr. Lim to Taman Desa.  Some say that it is better to follow a good Dr while some say that it is convenience is the most important factor to consider.

At last, we decided to stay with Columbia Asia and engage Dr. Haw as the gynecologist.  One of my best friends had been there seeing Dr. Haw too.  No compliments, no complaints, just neutral...  Hmmm, let's just consult him for once and see how it goes, see whether we are comfortable with him or otherwise.

When I told Dr. Haw that I suspected myself pregnant, his reaction was a bit weird.  Please don't tell me that I was over sensitive.

H: Hi, Ms. Kam.  How can I help you?
P: Hi, Dr.  I suspect myself pregnant.
H: How did you find yourself pregnant?
P: I missed my menstrual for the 5th day, I got myself a pregnancy test and it was positive.
H: When was that?
P: Last Wednesday (2 days ago).
H: When was your last menstrual?
P: 6th March.
H: Sometimes a positive pregnancy test doesn't mean you are really pregnant.  The HcG level could be influenced by stress level and lifestyle ya.
P: Erm...  That means, I may not be pregnant?
H: Anyway, we can test further via a scan.  Let's go for a scan.
P: OK.

H: Now we proceed for an abdominal scan.  It will be able to detect the location of your pregnancy, if you are really pregnant.
P: OK.
H: (While doing the abdominal scan.  The screen showed exactly the above film).  This is not very clear.  I will not confirm your pregnancy by looking at this.  Again, I need to reinforce, it's not necessary pregnancy, it could be cyst or fibroid and the HcG level could be influenced by stress level and lifestyle ya.
P: Dr., are you going to tell me that it could be 一場歡喜一場空?
H: Erm...  Let's do another scan, which we call it as the vaginal scan.  I need to insert the scan device in your vaginal to have a look inside your womb.  For confirmation ya.
P: OK.
H: (While doing the vaginal scan. The screen showed clearer than the above film).  OK, this is the location of your pregnancy.  This is only your 5th week, so the size is kind of small.  You need to come back in 2 weeks time to detect the heartbeat.
P: OK.  So, I'm confirmed pregnant?
H: Yes, Congratulations!  But please bear in mind, we need to detect the heartbeat first to confirm embryo survival.  Then you can be happy about it.
P: (Whatever, I'm already very happy).

H: (Excited with big smile on his face).  I'm excited to know that my patient is pregnant, especially those come to me for the first time.
P: Oh, really?!  Oh...

Q&A time...


Dr. Haw is kind (Well, Dr suppose to be kind, I guess) but he's the passive type.  He will only tell if you ask.  Overall, he's okay.  OK-lah, he's the dr-lah...  :-D

No comments: