Sunday, February 5, 2012

一日一BLOG 之大雜會


01/02/2012 - ANOTHER REUNION DINNER

This dinner is the greatest reunion dinner after years.  A friend from Australia was able to make herself back home during CNY.  We went to a friend's house for dinner.  Nevertheless, 魚生 was the first dish on the dining table.  Wishing for the best of health, like always, 撈啊!!!

The host promised us western food the last time we had dinner at her home.  So unfortunate that TNB was working on the main switch on that day.  I thought we gonna have the chance this round, she wanted to have steamboat.  I miss her localised English Shepherd's Pie.  Steamboat was equally nice.  After all, the companions count more than the food.  Doesn't matter what we had for dinner, we just wanted to be together!

Baby Maverick was the main attention that night (He is always the main attention.  Hahaha!!!).  He is so cute and I was so excited that this was the first time he looked at me straight and played games and laughed with me.  We had a great time playing lil tearing-tissue-game.  It was fun!  He is such a happy baby!

It wasn't just another ordinary dinner, another friend announced that she's pregnant!  So happy for the new couple.  Another baby on board!!!  A great news for 2012!!!



02/02/2012 - AND ANOTHER REUNION DINNER

I understand that we need to have dinner everyday but reunion dinner is no kidding.  It is like 10 dishes on the table, with most probably 1 green leaves dish, dinner after dinner is killing me and the scale!

Ex-colleagues in Pru organized a reunion dinner @ Sentul, this Chinese Restaurant that we always go to for reunion dinner.  Reunion dinner has been a norm for us since we've been more than good cooperative colleagues.  I treasure every reunion dinner we have, it is the best time to catch up with those who are still in Pru to talk about happenings in Pru, those who have left to talk about the discouraging working environment in their current offices, those who have tried another field of work to talk about the big world outside insurance.  We can talk, joke and laugh the night away...  Nice...

The year of Dragon is really a good year.  2 colleagues from Pru are pregnant, one with a baby boy, another one with a baby girl.  These 2 preggies are myth believers, they asked me to touch their big tummy for blessing to becoming pregnant.  Hahaha...  I never believed that!  Touch a big tummy and I'll get pregnant?!  No way!!!  I didn't do anything in the end.  One thing for sure, I dare not to touch their big tummies, I feel I look like a maniac!!!  Yeer...  geli!!!

3 Dragon Babies on board!


03/02/2012 - I AM ON MY OWN

My mobile account is under my MIL's account.  I didn't know that until I looked at my telephone bill a few years back.  It wasn't a big deal, anyhow...  Until recently, I thought of switching my mobile plan to a data plan but I need to detach my account from hers before I can do that.  No choice, I have to go to the Maxis Service Centre to get things settled!  I just hate to go to mobile centres / government offices, they always make us wait and wait and wait endlessly...

Oh No!!!  Maxis Centre @ Selayang was so crowded!  6 to go before our turn.  The facilities were so bad, those waiting for their turns were left unattended, standing everywhere in the centre.  Bad Bad Bad!!!  A dozen of sales personnel came to ask if I have broadband, if I have Internet access at home, if I have this, if I have that.  Oh come on...  Just shut up!  Leave me alone, PLEASE!

Finally it was my turn.  After 20 minutes, I am now free!!!  I have signed up for a RM50 plan at the moment until I get my iPhone package in April!  Yahoo!!!  And I swear, I won't return to Maxis Centre @ Selayang anymore!  The centre is sucks!!!



04/02/2012 - ANOTHER ANOTHER REUNION DINNER

Today is 立春日.  It marks the official Lunar New Year, in fact.  Normally it happens before the CNY but don't know why it happened after CNY in 2012.  What a special year, 2012?!

So coincidence that my colleague had decided to hold her open house party on this special day.  Already made known in advance that this gonna be a 'steamboat night'.  Again, who cares...  We just wanted the feeling out of it!

The dinner was nice, the house is beautifully renovated and decorated, everyone was quite punctual, except the ones who are staying the nearest by.  It is a tradition that the nearest is always the latest, according to him...  What an excuse?!  Unacceptable!!!  Hahaha~~~

After dinner, while we were enjoying 香港十大中文頒獎典禮 airing on 8TV, one of my colleagues requested for poker cards for some table games.  We played Black Jack and '牛'.  Learning the '牛' on the table, the game is quite fun, although my brain didn't work fast enough to turn '3 into 6' and '6 into 3'.  Hubby was the Banker and we won RM6 after the long night.  Hehe...  At least it was something...  Still good luck  :)

No comments: