Friday, September 17, 2010

F.R.I.E.N.D.S

Just had a wonderful lunch with ex-colleagues from PRU at The Nando’s, Pavilion, to celebrate Tammy’s birthday. Everyone is healthy, just a little de-energized and tired. Guess it is an impact from last Raya Holiday. Hold on girls… You always prove yourself, why not this time?!
.
Didn’t manage to get everyone out this round. Tem Tem complains she has loads of work, can understand her since Wei Then is not around. Chia Hui too complains she is busy, can understand her since every colleague from her department make the same comment in FB. Ling Nee not able to make it, can understand her since she has an emotional and crazy boss. Hahaha… ~~~
.
To my surprise, Ai Sun is here! She has come back from Kampar for 1 Malaysia Holiday, konon… Hehehe… Hopefully she can confirm staying back in KL instead of living her boredom in Kampar. Ai Sun, we always miss you. Please do consider staying back here in KL. For sure, the decision is both yours and hubby; we’ll support you, anyways…
.
Predictably, same questions being brought up again:
.
1. WHO ELSE has resigned?
2. HOW MANY MORE left in the department?
3. Why L is like that AGAIN?
4. Are you STILL BUSY or BUSIER than usual?
5. When are you getting PREGNANT?
6. How is WEI THEN?
.
The relationships between colleagues and between friends are so much different, that even causes the way I speak to them.
.
Being a colleague to them, I will always think before I speak, so afraid I would offend them. I couldn’t expect them to understand what I’m trying to say but not put into proper spoken words.
.
Being a friend to them, I will, of course, also think before I speak. A friendship developed from a relation of colleagues, would somehow or rather built a mutual understanding among us. Sometimes I need not to speak in proper or have not properly spoken, they have already understood what I am trying to bring up to.
.
Friends, I am so glad to have been a colleague to you and now being a friend to you. I am grateful for every invitation that I have been kept in loop although you are not seeing me every day. I am definitely looking into being friend than a forever colleague.
.
Friends, thank you for being my friends.
.
P/S: Happy Belated Birthday, Tammy.

No comments: