Wednesday, July 9, 2014

IS IT GOOD TO TIE A TODDLER'S HAIR?


My hub and I once read an online article on tying toddler's hair. It says that, tying up toddler's hair (I guess should be on a long term basis and tight enough) will affect the development of the scalp and hair quality. The studies further elaborated to - the pulling effect when tying hair adds stress to the hair to holding on to the scalp and the tightness of the hair band spoils the strand of hair. There is no reference made in the article, I am wondering if this is true...

Nanny has to tie her hair because of the hot weather that makes her sweat a lot and her hair sticks to her face and neck and makes her uncomfortable. I am okay with nanny tying her hair, so long not everyday and not so tight :)

She looks cute with her tails up :)

No comments: