Friday, October 2, 2009

BECAUSE OF MY JOB

the last month end was truly a disaster. in fact, every month end is a disaster. but last month was worse than anything previously experienced. it was a puasa month and of course a raya month. it was a wedding month for a colleague. and we were down by 3 headcounts.

i have not fully recovered from the last virus attack. i'm still experiencing dizziness, headache, chest pain, joints and muscles pain. and yet, i still need to commit to a (at least) 11 hrs-a-day job. i'm totally exhausted!! as at today, i am still being brought forward from the effect of the last month end closing.

because of my job, i have missed dinners with hubby and the both families. because of my job, i have missed all outings with friends. because of my job, i have skipped my routine house work - a full basket of dirty clothes, unattended; a mountain high clothes on the bed, unfolded; uncountable fallen hair on the floor, not swept; thousands mails lying on the bedside table, unread. because of my job, i have skipped my routine facial appointments. because of my job, i have skipped my morning devotions to God. because of my job, i have to suffer from headaches, body aches, tiredness, dark circles, wrinkles. all because of my job!!!!!

i'm frustrated and tired... i teared to sleep yesterday night, without a reason. simply because i was too tired and stressed. luckily hubby was with me, comforted me and assured me that everything would be fine and great. but the more he comforted me, the more i wanted to sob things out. at last, i didn't manage to say anything except... thank you, honey. thank you for being there for me when i needed you the most. a warm hug did it all...

thinking and doing things positively are always the manners in life that everyone must have. too much positive charge, may too, need a time to discharge and re-charge. yesterday was the discharge, today is the turnaround and i'm sure that tomorrow will be the re-charge.

why would i say so...?

because of my job, i get to know you, you, you and you. because of my job, i laugh more than this, this, this and this. because of my job, i learn this, this, this and this. because of my job, i see and experience more than this, this, this and this...

No comments: