Saturday, July 7, 2012

A LITTLE BIT LATER

I was exposed to music a little bit later than others, I guess.  My first experience switching on a radio should be when I was 6 or 7, if I'm not mistaken.  It could be caused by my over controlling mum, disallowed her children to touch on any electrical appliances or it could be some other things that attracted me more than music, TV most probably.

Listening to radio at that point of time was a big thing to me, us.  My family isn't a rich one, we couldn't afford anything like a laser disc player or anything like that.  All we have at home was a simple tuner radio that received frequency via an antenna.  It didn't have a CD/DVD player, of course.  The best part of the radio was its cassette player with recorder.  My sister and I used to record series on air or our own voices for fun.  As if it was so much fun, indeed, it was, at that point of time...

Don't talk about nursery rhymes (Well, I learned nursery rhymes when I was in S1 and I'm not bluffing you).  Music to the family was just something unimportant or I'd define as non-existence.  None of us was encouraged to music, not even for entertainment.  Radio was just a medium to listen to news and series.

The first pop song that I listened to was Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.  Sister bought a cassette home, I guess it was her first cassette ever too, The Mega Hits 1989.  The moment I heard the piano intro, I was drown in the Pacific Ocean, it seemed.  I was so fascinated over the song.  When I heard his voice, gosh...  I loved this guy!  Imagine, a little girl at age 8, was in love with Richard Marx!!!  Do you know how attractive and sexy a guy need to be to get a little girl to fall in love with him?!  Start to think about it now, you'll get to know how great was Richard Marx.

In the month of music, I'd like to bring all of you to the music wonderland when I was small.  Let's have a look at what I used to listen to.  Hope all of you enjoy the rundown.

No comments: