Saturday, July 7, 2012

BILLBOARD TOP 100 SONGS OF 1989 - YEAR END CHARTS

Look Away by Chicago - Ranked at 1
I just got to know this song, too bad but too late.
Worthy to crown song of the year!


Straight Up by Paula Abdul - Ranked at 4
I'm sure you know this song, at least heard it on air.
Her other songs in the chart:
Cold Hearted - Ranked at 6
Forever Your Girl - Ranked 30


Wind Beneath My Wings by Bette Midler - Ranked at 6


Listen To Your Heart by Roxette - Ranked at 22
Another song in the chart:
The Look - Ranked at 17


I'll Be There For You by Bon Jovi - Ranked at 23
Their other songs in the chart:
Born To Be My Baby - Ranked at 39
Lay Your Hands On Me - Ranked at 82


My favourite boy band back then!!!
I'll Be Loving You (Forever) by NKOTB - Ranked at 26
Their other songs in the chart:
Hangin' Tough - Ranked at 49
You Got It (The Right Stuff) - Ranked at 52
Cover Girl - Ranked at 73


Eternal Flame by The Bangles - Ranked at 32
Another song in the chart:
In Your Room - Ranked at 66


Miss You Like Crazy by Natalie Cole - Ranked at 67


Surrender To Me by Ann Watson & Robin Zander - Ranked at 98
A very meaningful song, a midnite tune.


This Time I Know It's For Real by Donna Summer - Ranked at 92
The reason I put this song after Surrender To Me, basically, I think this is the best represented 80's.


For more rankings, have a look on http://www.bobborst.com/popculture/top-100-songs-of-the-year/?year=1989

No comments: